Eye Care Community
Keep getting pink eye in the same eye.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Keep getting pink eye in the same eye.

I keep getting pink eye in my left eye.  The first time was about 2 years ago and I keep getting it back every 2-3 months.  I started with my GP then went to the opthamologist who said I might have been stopping the drops too soon.  Now I use the drops for the longer time as prescribed but it still keeps coming back.  Any ideas on why it keeps coming back and why is it only affecting one eye?  Thanks!
Tags: pink eye
Is it possible you sleep on your left side and bury the left side of your face into your pillow?  Just a thought,
There are many causes of pink eye.  Follow-up with the ophthalmologist.  You may need to change the antibiotics or find out why it recurs.

Dr. O.