Eye Care Expert Forum
Kenalog injections in eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Kenalog injections in eye
I have inflamation in the very corners of my eye where the tenons capsule is (red part) and I've been advised to get Kenalog injections. Are they safe? What are the risks?

Thanks!
The biggest risk of Kenalog would be development of cataracts and glaucoma.  Unusual to inject kenalog for inflammation on the surface of the eye.  Get a second opinion.

HV
I'm trying to shrink a rather small amount of granulation tissue in the corners of my eye, so Dr. Tseng in Miami recommended that I do the Kenalog treatment. I don't think he means for a long period of time.