Keratoconus - questions
Sir,
        I have keratoconus in my left eye and I underwent INTACS in August 2008. There has been slight progression in the left eye even after the surgery and now I have been advised to undergo C3R.

1. Is there any risks involved in the surgery. I read it may lead to hazy vision and the effects can last for 6months or longer.
2. Is there anything that I could do to prevent my children from getting this. Is it true that if I marry a girl with myopia , my children have greater chances of getting this condition?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries.
Intacs do not stop progression of the disease.  I have heard good things about C3R surgery but I have not personal experience.

Dr. O.
C3R is a proprietary treatment developed by Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler in Los Angeles, CA.  This treatment is a variation of CXL (crosslinking).  The C3R treatment has had no side effects and recovery is one day.  With traditional CXL (crosslinking) the outer layer of the cornea is removed, this is what can cause the hazy vision for several months as well as signficant discomfot during healing.  We reserached for months and flew our son from Tennessee to see Dr. Boxer Wachler in Los Angeles for the C3R treatment.  The procedure was relatively easy and the next day he was back to playing video games.  He also had INTACS at the same time.  The results were amazing he went from 20/200 on the eye chart to 20/30 on the chart.  Dr. Boxer Wachler's office is very helpful - I suggest you contact them.  By the way, Dr. Brian has been performing since 2003. Most of the other doctors sat around and watched his results for years before they finally began performing.