Eye Care Community
LASIK SURGERY...GONE WRONG
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

LASIK SURGERY...GONE WRONG

Okay so here's the history in brief

Feb 2012 - I visit VASAN EYE CARE - KOCHI - INDIA to consult a doc if i can go head with lasik, She suggests since i was an avid contact lens user i must do barrage laser for left eye treatment first b4 doing actual laser op.

Feb 11 - Barrage laser done within abt 15 mins

Feb 19 - Zyoptix laser surgery. Done on both the eyes. Insertion of bandaged lenses in theater

Feb 20-21 - follow up with the doc, she says right eye is healing, left eye will take "longer to heal"

Feb 22 - Bandaged lens falls off from right eye, doc says its okay coz its healing well

Feb 23-28 - DOc puts me on steroid meds (prednislone, nat.tears) for some time , says again left eye wil take time 2 heal, removes bandaged lens from left eye,

Feb 27-28 - Worried why the left will take longer time to heal ??? Doc says the epithelium cells are very loose , didt notice this surgery time etc... but came back with the feeling will heal anyway even if it takes "longer"

Feb 29- Travel Overseas to host country

Mar 7 - Check up with retinal oc in pvt clinic he says left eye is in bad condn, dirty & straie epithelium , needs to be cleaned & put back ell

Mar 14 - Sought second opinion from the director of ophth. dept in a main hosp, shes of the same opinion, gives a date to fix this.....worried, She says opn wasnt completed full,  in left eye!

Mar 21 - Operation performed , put on steroids & drops again for 2 weeks, with timely follwups

May 25 - She says right eye has 20/20 perfect vision, left eye suffering ... have to wait some more

Jun 19 - Power of -.1 in left eye !!!! Dctor suggests better to use glasses & come back for checkup after 3 months !!!She also gave me option not to use them if i dont wana

Really shocking coz we did lasik to eliminate glasses & now she says use again ....wtf ???

I wana know will my eye get better if i dont use them ? corz i am in IT field i use the PC a lot

233488_tn?1310696703
We cannot help you with the problem or offer useful insights. Suggest you get a second opinion from a highly qualified, refractive-corneal surgeon Eye MD ophthalmologist.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank