Eye Care Community
LASIK after having Lattice laser surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

About 4 years ago when I was 22 I was diagnosed with Lattice degeneration of the retina, I had a laser surgery to correct it that same year. Now I would like to have LASIK to correct my nearsightness could i be a candidate for it? I'm perfectly fine now, I have check ups every year, and I really want to get rid of my glasses.
Thanks!
Only someone that looks at your eye can tell you if lasik is safe. There is some risk of a PVD with lasik that in tern could cause a risk or retinal detachment or tear. The risk is generally small

JCH MD