Eye Care Expert Forum
LENS POWER NOT CORRECT EITHER!

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

LENS POWER NOT CORRECT EITHER!
I ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH MY LENS NOT BEING CORRECT. MY VISION IS THE SAME NOW AS IT WAS BEFORE I HAD THE CATARACT SURGERY. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I WOULD SEE BETTER AFTER THE SURGERY FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD. I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WAY I WAS DECEIVED IN GETTING THEM TO DO THE SURGERY. CAN I FILE A LAW SUIT OVER THIS MALPRACTISE?
There are many reasons why the vision after cataract surgery might not be perfect; an incorrect implant lens power is only one of them.  I would obtain a second opinion from another ophthalmologist to see what the problem is, and what can be done about it.