Eye Care Community
LRI Recovery Time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

LRI Recovery Time

I had cataract surgery in my left eye along with LRI about 5 weeks ago, and about 2D of my 2.75D of astigmatism was eliminated.  Yesterday I had additional LRI to eliminate the remaining 0.7D of astigmatism.  My eye is much more comfortable today after being extremely scratchy yesterday, but my vision is not yet even back to where it was before yesterday.

I know the rate of vision improvement varies, but or those of you who have had limbal relaxing incisions, I'd be interested in how long it took your vision to improve?

I'd love hearing from the community as well as the contributing forum physicians.

Thanks much!
A second LRI may take longer to heal; about a week.

Dr. O.