Eye Care Community
Lacrimal caruncle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Lacrimal caruncle

7806007?1332816774

My Lacrimal caruncle (eyes)  is kind of  large the usual , just wanted to know if surgery is an option to remove or reduce the size. And long is recovery  time of this procedure.

Lacrimal caruncle-The lacrimal caruncle, also called the caruncula lachrymalis, is the small triangle-shaped pink bump located in the corner of the eye. Within this type of caruncle are sweat and oil glands called sudoriferous and sebaceous glands.
Unless there were a tumor or suspecious lesion I doubt anyone will want to touch it and if they did likely it would be deemed cosmetic and all the money would come out of your pocket.

JC MD