Lasering for retinal tear and now cannot read
I am very nearsighted with ~-5.50 on both eyes. I wear contacts and sometimes glasses. My retinal specialist suggested that I get laser treatments to seal those tears. I had two sessions. The first session was done on my right eye and the second session was done on my left eye. Two different doctors operated on my eyes. The left eye went pretty well with no pains. Vision stayed normal. BUT....The lasering was a lot more painful on my right eye than it was for left eye. The doctor did two injections on right eye. After the treatment, my eye was very bloody and both far and close up vision was blurry with right eye. Far vision came back after a few days. But close up vision is still blurry and objects seem a lot smaller than they actually are.  It is only blurry when i put my glasses or contacts on. Without, my glasses or contacts, reading is not blurry at all.  Why would lasering be a lot more complicated and painful on one eye?  Do you think the blurriness for reading is temporary?  Also, why would it be blurry only with my glasses or contact lenses?  It is really painful to read when one eye sees clear and the other eye sees very blurry.
The complications of laser to  a retinal tear include an ERM.  This will decrease vision.  Ask you doctor about your condition.

Dr. O.
Thank you for your response. Do you think this is temporary? I have two weeks until I see my doctor and I am really worried. Without my glasses, my vision for reading is normal. Only when I wear my glasses for nearsightedness, this blurry vision while reading starts.