Eye Care Expert Forum
Lasik after Crystalens

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Lasik after Crystalens

I just left the doctor's office and he is recommending lasik on my right eye to "sharpen up" my distance vision which is OK but definitely not 20/20.  I had a Crystalens AO implant in this eye in April.  Is this a good course of action or should I just get a pair of glasses and call it good.  I have already had a YAG procedure done on my right eye. He would do nothing additional to my left (non-dominant) eye.
Dear cab1948,

The choice is up to you and should depend on your uncorrected acuity and whether wearing glasses bothers you.  LASIK is a reasonable option; however, each procedure carries with it certain risks and benefits and the discussion should take place between you and your eyeMD. Become educated further so you can make the right decision for you.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
I can't speak about the health or safety issues, but many doctors view 20/20 results from cataract surgery to be the holy grail, and they're not satisfied with less.  If you're satisfied with glasses, or even contact lenses if you can wear them, why spend more money?