Lasik and upper eyelid edema
Almost 3 weeks now I have done LASIK in both my eyes and I am still suffering from a persistent unilateral upper eyelid edema. Its swell is diffused and it is totally painless... It's not even red... I can feel it's thickened and I can feel the heaviness. Artificial tears and cold compressions were not of any help. Is there a treatment for this? I am very frustrated... because I know a chronic upper eyelid edema can lead to ptosis... please help me.
Discuss it with your surgeon. If your vision is good and there is no infection likely it will not interfer with your final result. If you are still on medicated eye drops it could be an allergy to the medication or the preservatives in them. You might try warm compresses.

JCH MD
Thanks so much. I know it won't interfere with the final result... I am just concerned about my looks. I am a girl and my eyes looked nice before I had this LASIK thing on them. It's a pity that surgeons don't inform their patients about probable and even rare side effects of a surgery. Even when I discussed it with my surgeon almost 14 days ago when he took those contact lenses out of my eyes, he carelessly told me that eyelid problems are not among the side effects... Now that I anxiously search the internet I found out that ptosis and eyelid edema are among the rare side effects, there are similar reports and there might be no cure for it.
P.S. The only medications I use are artificial tears and Flourometholone ophtalmic suspension 0.1% and I know they cannot cause any *unilateral* allergic reaction.
I tried warm compression and it just worsened the swell.