Left Upper Eyelid Swell, allergy or not?
Let me explain my history before I pose my question.  I have an allergic reaction to aspirin and ibruprophren where my eyes (eyelids specifically) swell.  I have to take two benadryl to make it go down and if I don't take enough the swelling spreads along the nerves in my face like my cheeks and lips.  I haven't taken aspirin or Ibruprophren for about 10 years so I've avoided this allergic reaction.  However, In the last few months, I've had 4 or 5 instances where swelling occured in my eyelid just like my reaction to aspirin. All but one time, it occured while I was laying down in bed or on the couch.  I've discussed it with my allergist and we can't figure it out.  I have seasonal allergies to grass and trees. The one time I had a reaction where I wasn't laying down, my husband just came in from mowing the lawn after I thought pollen season had ended so I wasn't on any meds.  So I think that one was explained.  However, the other times when it occured,  I have no explanation, but only know they each happened after I was laying down.  

Last night, it happened again.  It was hugely swollen this time.  Since I'm 9 weeks pregnant, I was hesitant to take benadryl.  I prayed about it and decided to sit up in bed.  I propped myself up so my head was elevated.  The swelling decreased dramatically with time.  So now I wonder if it's not an allergy but some other cause for the swollen eyelid.

When the swelling happens I do not have any redness in the eye nor does it hurt (though it feels pretty strange).  Could there be other causes of swollen eyes other than allergies?
I can't tell for sure whether your eyelid swelling is allergic or possibly infection which may need antibiotic treatment. You need to see an EyeMD (an ophthalmologist). You can find one in your area at www.aao.org. There are two types of allergic reaction of the lids. Immediate hypersensitivity--urticaria or hives--and contact dermatitis. The first is a systemic reaction usually to breathing in or ingesting an allergen. Contact dermatitis is delayed edema and itching occurring about 24 to 48 hours after contact with your skin. Urticaria can be dangerous because it can cause swelling of the larynx and difficulty breathing. Chronic contact allergy causes annoying itching and breakdown of the skin and premature aging.