Eye Care Community
Left eye swells under bottom of eyelash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Left eye swells under bottom of eyelash

My left eye swells at the bottom, this has gone on for 3yrs now.  I was told I need to purge toxins out.  Don't know how to do that. I drink 100 ozs of water a day.  Sometimes when I drink water my eye swells feels like its shrinking, the inside is very red, immediately after always lasting 3 to 4 days. This can happen with or without water at anytime, I can be anywhere and it just swells up outof the blue. I was out with a friend and we were talking and it just started swelling. I don't want to go out because of this.  3yrs ago in Florida is the first time this happened to me..it sent me to the hospital, my eye was swollen shut,  face swollen had red indentions all over my face.  Since then it's been swelling. How do you get toxins out of your sytsem?  Why does water make it swell sometimes?  

Getting "toxins" out of your system to help eyelid swelling is not a valid game plan. You could have a form of angioedema. Start by seeing an ophthalmologist Eye MD. Find one near you at www.aao.org  If that fails to find a cause consider an evaluation by an allergist.

JCH MD
Thank you! I will go and get it checked. I havent been to an Ophthalmologist or an allergist. I was given some cream for it by my Dr.  I am making an Appt. Today. Happy Holidays!

Dee
Thank you and good luck
JHagan