Eye Care Community
Left eye vision has a large black cloud.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I have recently had blurry vision and double vision at times.  I thought it was from too much computer.  Two days ago  I noticed  A big black cloud like spot in the vision of my left eye.  I made an emergency appt. with an opthalmologist yesterday.  I am  still concerned.  As soon as the doc looked in to my left eye she stated "oh my." She had another doc look at it too.  They could not give a diagnosis.  They said it was  a swollen optic nerve with exudate, also said it was vascular but couldn't tell whether it was from a vein or an artery.  They also said it was not infectious.  The only treatment they recommended was to take  an Aspirin daily and return in a week.   Couldn't tell me  whether it would get better or worse or if I will go blind in that eye.  I'm afraid it might be something like a brain tumor or something.  Should I get a second opinion right away?  Or is it reasonable to wait a week?
How is your blood pressure??  

Dr. O.
I just had a PE last week and then it was 137/ 76. I take Lisinpril and Hctz for past  elevated readings but it ha been ok for a couple years.
Then this could be due to an inflammatory problem with the optic nerve.  The next step is a flourescein angiogram.

Dr. O.
Mary:

I too just developed the same symptom----is there any update as to the black cloud in your eye.

I would certainly like to know

Thank you.
I have been to two specialists and seening another on Thursday.  So far we know I have retinal ischemia.  They are trying to find what is causing it.  I've had several eye tests and lab work.  I am scheduled for a carotid artery ultrasound and a MRI . Something caused a blockage in the vessels.  Only treatment so far is to take an Aspirin a day.  I have no pain or any other symptom for that matter.  Hope you have seen a doctor.  If not call today.  They will get you right in.  I've learned this symptom can have many causes so you need to find out.  Good luck and keep me posted.     Mary
Hello. I wanna ask you if you now know what this is..
Because I have something like yours in my right eye.
A small black cloud that moves as I move my eye(you can say it is like a burned pixel in the eye).
The doctors here in greece said that I have myopsia(I can't find a translation in english for this decease). I can only connect myopsia to something like floaters, but I don't see a black dot, but something like a black cloud(a little transparent). Even when I close my eye and there is too much light I can see it...
But as they said myopsia starts at 50 to 60 years old. I am 17.
Maybe another explanation..?
I had to endure a thumping noise for 18 months which left me with tinnitus and a big black cloud in my right eye shadowing everying I look at.  The doctors say it is Macular Degeneration (nothing to do with the continunous pressure on my brain) but I believe it is.  I also get dry scalp with itchy blisters, severe pressure in my head and unusual body sores that take several months to heal.  What do you think?
i have the same problem , all the tests were good nothing in MRI, but i have a backpain also i am sure that this problem is caused by the kidney check
http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/neuropathies/
http://www.davita.com/kidney-disease/c/679

please tell me if you got any news