Aa
A
A
Close
Left eyelid swelling
Hello,

I have had an eye swelling on my left upper lid for over 4 weeks now. Have had several tests done - dry eyes ( negative), blood work ( both for Schogren's ( negative) and RBC abd WBC's ( normal)) but this swelling is persistent. No pain, itch, discharge or anything.

I have been to an ophthalmologist who dilated my eye, checked for anything wrong internally and thankfully answered back in the negative. I was advised to have anti inflammatory and swelling reduction medicine, which I had for 5 days but it has not ceased.

I woke up one morning to a very bad swelling and redness on my eye lid. I had used MAXIDEX last night and this is what it resulted in. This morning I applied Fucithalmic and had some more of those anti- swelling tabs together with an anti-allergy syrup. The problem is it gets better during the day and comes back with a  vengeance in the night.

I have had a CT Scan done and my lacrimal gland in the left eye is swollen and there is no real cause known. I have now been advised Oral Steroids, but am very worried to take them as the side affects are major. Since i have hypothyroidism and insulin intolerance, I am worried that sugar levels going up or pancreas gtg affected is not a good sign. What can I do???? I have taken Ibu Brufen and Clarityne now for a few weeks but the swelling persists.

Pls help.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220_tn?1251894727
Please see an oculoplastic or orbital surgeon.

This is most likely viral or autoimmune.  Tumor is the least possible.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
711220_tn?1251894727
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Left eyelid swelling
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703