Eye Care Expert Forum
Left intermittent bulging eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Left intermittent bulging eye

I have had a problem with my left eye occasionally bulging for the last 7 months. I thought at first it was related to allergies because I have constant sinus problems due to allergies and the bulging seemed to coincide with sinus pressure. However, about two months ago I had an episode of my eye bulging with pressure and pain. I went to see my eye doc and he said it was Scleritis. He gave me drops and after 4 weeks he said it was better. I still keep having issues with the eye. Sometimes it is painful and sometimes not but when it bulges it always has pressure. Sometimes it is bad in the morning and fine at night and sometimes the opposite, so I haven't gone back to the doc because I can't be sure what it will be like when I get there. Any suggestions?
Scleritis can be a difficult condition to treat.  You need constant follow-up with your physician.

Dr. O.
I' m just not sure if the problem is still the scleritis or something else. My eye only gets red sometimes but I have the pressure/ pain most.