Eye Care Community
Lens position for eyes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Lens position for eyes?

Should my lenses be positioned on my face so that my eyes are looking straight through the center?

Because when i do that, i get really bad eye strain and headaches. I can't focus well either.

It seems to be a bit better if my glasses go lower and i look through the top of the lens rather than the center.

The prescription for my glasses has been verified to be correct, so unless the initial eye test was faulty...

I went into another optical shop and asked one of the staff there the same question, and they said i should be looking through the top of the lens, not the center, but i'm not sure if that's correct?
You should be looking through the optical center of the lens, not the center of the lens.  This should line up with your pupil center when the glasses are adjusted properly.

Dr. O.
How do i know what the optical center of the lens is?
I'm asking because in my whole life, i have never had a registered optician or any of the staff in a optical shop talk about optical center or do anything to make sure the center of the lens is over the center of my eye (unless you are referring to PD when making the lenses).
By optician i meant optometrist.
Might as well ask...is there any reason why my eyes are unable to focus with the glasses on, but everything is fine when i take them off?
bump.
bump.
bump.