Eye Care Expert Forum
Light Sensitive and floaters with pain
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Light Sensitive and floaters with pain

Ive searched the forum and seen similar questions, but i didn't really see an answer..
Ive been seeing floaters in my eyes (both) for awhile now. I am sensitive to bright over head lighting and sunlight and it causes blurred vision and pain in my right eye. It feels more like eyestrain. IT looks and feels nothing like a migraine. Ive seen an optimologist and he said my eyeball looks healthy and to check with my optometrist next. This problem was noticed after a couple migraines i had in December  and of course I tend to want to equate the eye problem with the headaches but I'm not sure.  Another factor is i also have anxiety disorder. So this is where it  gets frustrating.. If you go into a doctors office and say you have either migraines or anxiety no matter what your problem is they want to point at one of those to disorders as the issue. All i want to do is know what could cause the eye pain, the light sensitivity and the floaters or which direction should go in finding out an answer
Related Discussions
233488_tn?1310696703
I think you have a sampling error problem. If its migraine or anxiety causing something that can be a good thing. I recently had a anxious, migraine patient with symptoms caused by glaucoma and another by a brain tumor. So in that context anxiety doesn't look so bad. If you have been checked by an ophthalmologist and an optometrist and neither finds a problems  what can I say but its likely anxiety.

If you want to pursue getting a third opinion then see a neuro-ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH III MD
6 Comments
Blank
i havent made it to the optometrist yet.  What ever it is only happens in the bright light and on sunny days.  We've had a lot of rainy and overcast days lately and ive been fine.  Thanks for the advice
Blank
All of your symptoms sound like mine and I was diagnosed with uveitis and prescribed prednisolone.There are few different types, but they have to dilate your eyes to see in the back and when they dilate them the pain normally goes away. I hope this information helps.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
--------------------
Blank
good god i just Wiki'd uveitis

thats gnarly... im sure  the doc i half right.. and im just a little coo coo bananas
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
---------------------
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank