Light Sensitivity
I have been dealing with light sensitivity and dry eyes since July 2013. I went to a corneal specialists who put plugs in both eyes, upper and lower ducts, which has helped with the dry eyes to some degree. However, the light sensitivity has been an ongoing problem.  The corneal specialist I saw said there was nothing else he could do for me to help with the light sensitivity.  It affects me outdoors as well as indoors in stores as well as in an office setting- the lighting  hurts my eyes and i wear sunglasses much of the time.  I do not have alot of faith in returning to my regular eye doctor as when I told him I was having some floaters- not a lot but started having them, he handed me an iPad to watch a video about flashes/floaters.  My vision tests out well- but it is the light sensitivity as well as being on a computer for more than short periods of time- as well as working outside that has pushed me to my limits of being able to cope with this problem.  I love being outside and working hard, but since mid July I have not worked, as my career was almost all done on the computer.  If anyone can offer suggestions as to what type of eye doctor I should see, I am open to suggestions.  I need to get back to work and get my life back!

This discussion is related to Light Sensitivity/Photophobia, Headache, Migraine.
1. Look under "Today's Pulse" or go to Dr. Hagan's blogs and read the article on Dry eyes.   You should likely be on an oral omega 3   two or three per day of fish oil or krill oil or calamari oil or flax seed oil, and see an Eye MD to evaluate you for restasis.

Dry eyes are one cause of light sensitivity,  early cataracts are another.  You may need to wear hat with bill outdoors, have tints in your glasses or photochromic lens that darken in light.

Might consider a second opinion from an ophthalmologist with interest in corneal and external disease.

JCH MD
I do take flaxseed oil …2400 mg per day.  The light sensitivity is so great I do wear hats outside and sometimes two pairs of sunglasses. I will get a second opinion  for the corneal specialist. I am really at the end of my ropes, as I said, with trying to cope with this problem.  Thank you so much for your help!
You can find a consultant Cornea MD in your area by going to the American Academy of Ophthalmology physician locator at www.geteyesmart.org

JCH MD