Eye Care Expert Forum
Looking for a good clinic for Pterygium removal in California

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I have a Pterygium that since three years ago, every day is worst, it has increased a lot,  now I have a high tranparent  point on it. I feel my eye always dry and red. I have a transparent point in the top, looks like a separated of the base pterygiumium, an optician said that is too high that I can not close enough the lids, and is why is always red.

I am thinking go to Harvard clinic because and is the unique clinic I found online that is it good clinic and also because I live in Los Angeles, but Does exist a better than Harvard  in Soth California with a better technique?
In your area, the Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA or the Doheny Eye Institute at USC are excellent centers.  Also there are many excellent ophthalmologists in the community who do pterygium surgery.  I would ask your primary doctor or optometrist for a local referral if you wish.