Loose skin on white of eye ball.
by wintergirlchelle, Apr 28, 2012
I have what appears to be loose skin on the outer part of the white of my eye ball between my iris and the outter corner, when I move my eye to look to the side, it folds over and I can see it when looking in a mirror, It kind of looks like a deflated balloon. It is actually white and opac, not clear. It is very bothersome. It feels like I have something in my eye, but I do not, well except for that. Is it normal and is there anything I can do about it? It just started happening about 2-3 months ago. Thanks for any help. I do not wear contacts or glasses.
by Timothy D McGarity, M.D.Blank, Apr 30, 2012
This is called redundant conjunctiva or Conjunctivochalasis. It is benign but irritating . If it continues to be irritating then you may have it removed easily with a quick procedure. Try lots of lubrication and tears.
Good luck!

Timothy D. McGarity, M.D. P.C.
201 W. Broadway, Bldg 4
Columbia, MO 65203
573/441-7070 office
Member Comments (1)