Eye Care Community
Lower Eyelid painful swelling with white nodes around tear duct.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

two days ago I sat down in my bedroom and suddenly had this irritation in my right eye (similar in feeling to when you wake up and wipe the sleep out of your eyes.) Within 1-2 hours it swelled up and pressed against my eye in an irritating way. I looked in the mirror and pulled on my eyelid to see a white bump similar in appearance to a large pimple. I took a hot shower letting the water run through my eye, and went to bed.

When I woke up the next morning it was much more swollen. The white bump was no longer visibly prominent. Through out the day it got more and more noticeable, and pain developed in my sinus area, spreading throughout the right side of my face and head.

This morning it is very swollen, and very watery. The pain has centralized around the lid, but it more acute, particularly when I blink. I tried a cloth soaked in hot water for several minutes, which felt good, but did not improve the condition. I noticed that there is now a string of small white bumps running from the tear duct towards the corner of my eye.

I had not taken any meds until now, 1000 mg of acetaminophen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have insurance or money to afford another visit to the doctor.  
Not much you can do without medical care except warm compresses.

JCH III MD
Does this sound typical of a sty, (I've never had or seen one)?  
Also, I read that a warm tea bag will help kill the staff infection associated with sties because of the acidity.
could be. styes is hot, red painful and gets big pretty quickly. If you get worse see an Eye MD

JCH IIIMD