Eye Care Community
Lumigan for eyebrows and hair too?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Lumigan for eyebrows and hair too?

regarding Lumigan and others like it, have people experienced growth of eyebrows and hair elsewhere as well like scalp hair?  or is there good understanding of the active ingredients,that they can also help brows and scalp hair too?

I am not only thinning fair eyelashes, but also fair hair and eyebrows and in my 40s with only slight graying. so has lumigan been studied long enough to know if fair skinned/hair people get similar darkening and lenghtening benefits?

I'm interested as much in the darkening as I am the hopefully hair growth in these places.

I've been using Lumigan for about 1 week and maybe slightly longer lashes but no darkening.  How likely is it that darkening occurs in fair skinned fair haired people?
Tags: Lumigan
Lumigan (marketed for eyelashes as Latisse) has only been studied for eyelash growth and about 70% of people do develop longer thicker eyelashes. To my knowledge it has not been studied for scalp or eyebrow growth.

JCH MD
you mention longer and thicker. Most of the video case studies I've seen and the studies I've read say they grow darker too.  Would you agree?
Sometimes yes sometimes no.
JCH MD
is there any evidence that suggests that fair people have either less or more success?

in other words, it may be harder to tell if a darker eyelash person's lashes got darker...but I would think more easily seen from someone who was lighter to begin with.

I was just hoping it's not like skin care wrinkle products where typically the better darker skinned people tend with see the best results.

Latisse, on their website mentions darker everytime along with thicker longer and had 78% success rate on length..any idea if it's roughly the same with dark>

is it truly a 50-50? what would you guess not holding you to anything? but would you say more so than not so..at least 50%?
It seems though looking at trials of sample people where this worked..it takes longer than 1 week for most to see any change.. so not uncommon to not notice much after a week right?

how long would you say it should take ?
I am in my 50's, blonde and blue eyed.  I've been using lumigen eye drops for my glaucoma and also brushing it on my eyebrows.  My eyelashes were minimal and pale; they are now dark, long, and lush.  It took about 3 weeks to start noticing a difference.  My eyebrows are now fuller, darker and the hairs longer.  The results for the eyebrows are more subtle than the eyelashes, but definitely an improvement.  The eyebrows took about 10 weeks to notice a difference.  I will never stop using this product--it's great.