MRI showed mild flattening of posterior globes?
Several months ago I got what appeared to be a visual migraine aura for the 1st time. I lost half my vision and it gradually returned after a 1/2 hour and then got a headache. I've had migraines since age 5 and I'm 33 now and never before had the visual disturbance. It also happened again a couple weeks ago.
My neurologist sent me for an MRI as a precaution and all was normal but the report noted there was "mild flattening of the posterior globes, the left more than the right" and it also noted there were no other significant signs of problems related to this.

I worried about what this means and the doctor didn't have much to say about it but of course my Internet searching has turned up some rather scary stuff, so needless to say I'm a bit concerned.
The neurologist told me to arrange an appointment with an eye doctor regarding this finding.

My last dilated eye exam was about 2 years ago and there was some slight increasing in my near-sightedness but nothing else out of the ordinary. I'm moderately near-sighted and one question I have is, could the fact that my eyes are moderately near-sighted mean that they could have this appearance on an MRI?

You need to be sure that you are seeing an Eye MD ophthalmologist physician. Get a copy of the MRI on DVD and take in for the Eye MD to see. If the back of the eye was being flattened it would make you less myopic and more farsighted.  Not possible to tell if this is something to worry about (like hyperthyroidism, orbital pseudotumor) of a benign MRI finding but it does need investigated.

JCH MD