Eye Care Expert Forum
MRI

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

MRI
I would greatly appreciate it, if you could please tell me if a MRI scan, shows up all eye diseases.  I have one coming up soon (for head pain), but have since started to develop some visual problems too.  I had my eyes dilated on the 4th June by a eye surgeon, to get a hole in the retin checked, and they were healthy on that occasion.  I was just wondering if I should go back to my eye specialist and have then dilated again, after the MRI.

Thank you.
Dear Hylander193,

I would recommend that you see an eyeMD for your head pain and visual problems that you having now.  Even though you have previously had a retinal examination, they may be able to assist you in discerning a diagnosis.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California