Eye Care Community
MY HUSBAND IS GOING BLIND I THINK
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MY HUSBAND IS GOING BLIND I THINK

ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO MY HUSBAND GOT THIS BIG  BLACK DOT IN HIS RIGHT EYE,AND AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS IT TOOK OVER HIS WHOLE RIGHT  EYE. WELL AND AFTER ABOUT A MONTH IT FINALLY TOOK OVER HIS LEFT EYE. NOW OVER THIS PERIOD OF TIME WE HAVE SEEN 17 DIFFERNT DOCTERS AND YET NONE OF THEM HAVE FOUND ANYTHING OR TOLD US NOTHING.AND IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO.HE HAS HAD ONE MRI,2 CATSCANS, ONE ERG-VEP, AND 2 VEPS.
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME MEDICAL ADVICE??
DO I NEED TO FIND DOCTERS OUT OF THE STATE OF ALABAMA??
AND DO YOU THINK HE WILL GET HIS EYE SIGHT BACK? PLEASE HELP ME.. IM WORRIED SICK.THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
KAYLA
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
If his condition has baffled 17 physicians, he indeed has something very unusual and hard to diagnose. The University of Alabama Medical school has a very fine department of ophthalmology and would be a good place to go if you have not been there.

I trained at Emory University in Atlanta and they have a world famous department of ophthalmology. Both places would be appropriate for a world class referal center as would Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami.

JCH III MD
Blank
my husband will not go to any docter. he believes  he knows he is going blind  and he will not pay any doctor anything just to tell him what he already knows. what i am asking is what can i do to help him. he is my best friend and my lover. please help me to help him.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
You cannot help those that refuse to help themselves.

JCH MD
Blank
Tell him that if he loves you, he will do this for you, and forget about his own wishes for the moment.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity