Eye Care Community
Macular Edema loss of sight
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Macular Edema loss of sight

I was diagnosed with a cystoid macular edema following cataract surgery. Four months later and my consultant says he can't find any more evidence of it - it's gone. However, my sight is still poor and he said unlikely to get much better.

So why is that? What has changed in my eye to be left with such poor sight afterwards? Is there anything else at all that can be done?

Brief history:
- Sight was 0.26logMAR (20/36 Snellen doing a mathematical conversion)
- Peaked at 1.24 (20 (20/348)
- Now at 0.8 (20/126)
- Treated with Acular, Maxidex, and also Lumigan to keep pressures down
- 3 months into treatment my eye pressure spiked at 53mmHg but was brought back down with Timolol, Iopidine, Diamox, and by stopping the Maxidex (steroid). Pressure stable again at 12-14mmHg on average.
- Now on Timolol (2x a day) and Acular (4x a day) only
- Also have coloboma of the retina in both eyes
- Currently experiencing blurred central vision with double/triple vision (with the other eye closed) so high contrast items show a lighter copy above and below the "real" item. Lights at night are particularly bad as they blur/merge into a kaleidoscope of light.
- My other eye is (and always has been) nearly blind.

Thanks
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
What is the evidence it is gone?  Has he done an OCT or a flourescein angiogram?  

Dr. O.