Eye Care Community
Macular Hole
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Macular Hole

Hi there,

I am 25 & was recently diagnosed to have full thickness macular hole in my left eye. Surgeon thought it was due to some unknown injury (cause and the duration still not known) . My vision was just 6/24. the surgery was advised which I went through couple of weeks ago. On the 9th day after surgery doctor examined and declared that the hole is sealed and I dont require to maintain face down position anymore and on the following day the gas was completely reabsorbed from the eye. I maintained face down position until the gas was completely reabsorbed from eye.

Reading at others experiences after macular hole surgery- I do feel that sealing of hole was quite early in my case?! How long is it likely to take for vision recovery??  My current vision (long distance vision) (after 15 days of surgery) is not as good as prior to surgery. Further, the bilnd/blurry spot in the centre of the vision keeps on blinking- is that a sign that newly generated tissues havent completely started working yet??

Perhaps its to soon after the surgery to be evaluated for vision recovery- but just being curious...