Macular Hole
Hi there,

I am 25 & was recently diagnosed to have full thickness macular hole in my left eye. Surgeon thought it was due to some unknown injury (cause and the duration still not known) . My vision was just 6/24. the surgery was advised which I went through couple of weeks ago. On the 9th day after surgery doctor examined and declared that the hole is sealed and I dont require to maintain face down position anymore and on the following day the gas was completely reabsorbed from the eye. I maintained face down position until the gas was completely reabsorbed from eye.

Reading at others experiences after macular hole surgery- I do feel that sealing of hole was quite early in my case?! How long is it likely to take for vision recovery??  My current vision (long distance vision) (after 15 days of surgery) is not as good as prior to surgery. Further, the bilnd/blurry spot in the centre of the vision keeps on blinking- is that a sign that newly generated tissues havent completely started working yet??

Perhaps its to soon after the surgery to be evaluated for vision recovery- but just being curious...
You should have an OCT to make sure the hole is closed.  You distance vision should be check with a refraction.  Surgery may have changed your refraction (early or transient increase in cataract).

Dr. O.
My bubble also disappeared in nine days and the mess that the back of my eye looked like before the surgery had cleared to look almost like the back of my good eye.  Although, I have been seeing better most days, there have been a few setbacks on some.  Be prepared for lower quality vision for many many months.  I am now at the end of month 2 and realize that I still have quite of few months to go.  However, I am able to perform most every task that I did before the surgery.