Aa
A
A
Close
Macular Pucker
I had an ERM peel to correct a macular pucker.  Now I am seeing a large but very faint floater like object.  But, it is not a floater because it is always in the same place and covers most of the lower half of my field of view.  It looks like bare branches of a Christmas tree .  It is most visible when I wake up in the mornings a quickly fades as my pupil dilates.  After that, I usually can not see it when focused on distant objects but, in certain lightening, I can see a very faint image covering the words on a printed page.

Also, while my pupil is dilated, I can see the reverse negative image when I close my eye.

Is this damage from the surgical instruments, the surgery light or from pulling the membrane from the macula?

Thank you

Keith
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
Not at all likely. Many others that have had this type of surgery report similiar or much worse problems related to the ERM not the surgery itself. Use the search feature and archives to read these helpful posts. The ones by JodieJ are extremely helpful. Also discuss with your surgeon.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Is this a permanent condition?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
There is no way to tell, generally by 6 months things are stable and you can say "this is the final result of surgery" (this assumes nothing new develops).
JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources