Eye Care Community
Make your vision blurry at will?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Make your vision blurry at will?

I cannot find an explanation as to why someone can do that. Since I've been a kid I noticed I could change the focus in my eye to see everything extremely blurry. I can do that a will and in an instant, unfortunately it doesn't work the other way (as it could fix my far-sighted problem). I started only recently to ask friends whether they could do it or not but everybody seems to think i'm nuts :/

I thought this might be a genetic feature like how some people can fold their tongue in two and others can't. But so far I haven't met anybody who could blurry his or her vision like I do. Is it something you have heard of? How can it be explained?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No mystery here. If you're looking at something at distance and you focus your eyes as you would for looking at something closer it will throw things out of focus.

JCH MD
Blank
Hey I can too. I can make me sight blurry close or far either way then focus it back to my orginal sight. Yes it is strange I kept asking my friends either they don't understand what I'm saying or they just say they can't do it. Its nice to find there is some one else besides me hahahaa.
Blank
I have been able to do the same thing. I don't know what it is called but it helps to weed out some of the oddities in optical illusions and holograms. Nice to see I am not the only one.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
=
Blank
Awww, this is so cute!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now