Eye Care Community
Mega eye problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Mega eye problem

This is probably going to be a little long-winded and maybe a little psychotic...but I've asked several doctors and keep getting the run around or being told I am sitting up to fast.

Having bizarre vision problems. About 18 months ago (while I was pregnant) would occasionally experience what I can only describe as lightening coming in from the corners of my eyes...just bright white zigzags and spots, would only last a couple seconds then be over...still happens every now and then. Always seeing black spots out of the corner of my eyes...kind of like television static...if the light is very dim it seems like everything is grainy...with no light I can't see anything at all. Within the last nine months or so I've been getting bright white flashes out of the corners of my eyes...just like a pinprick of white light that only lasts for a second or so and within the past few weeks I've been having color distortions...things seem blue for a second...not my entire field of vision..just a partial spot, sometimes a blue flash not blinding or anything but sometimes I see something that is black, I know it is black, but it looks blue with a slight halo...to me it just seems like it's getting worse whatever it is. Also, since before it all started, maybe about three years ago I've been having vision distortions in peripheral vision...I can be sitting still but it seems like I am moving...err...hard to explain...umm...mainly it's when I park the car it seems like it is still moving and I have to look around to see that it's not and double check it is park.

Probably sounds crazy, I don't know, I keep bringing it up to my doctor, brought it up to the OB when I was pregnant...even told the E.R. doctor when I was there a few weeks back and I just keep hearing that I'm either sitting up to fast or standing up to fast...and it happens when I'm not even moving...can just be sitting on the couch and all the sudden get a bright pinprick here or there...my brother and mother both get migraine headaches but I've personally never had one and my father has epilepsy (that was possibly caused by a car wreck)but I've never had any seizures or symptoms of epilepsy so I don't know...just tired of getting run around maybe I can get some answers here?
and they're not floaters, they keep telling me they are floaters....I get floaters all the time...they are shadowy wavy little things...I can tell the difference but I guess they thinK i am over reacting or it's all in my head or something
I keep forgetting things...trying to be descriptive...but I've also noticed they my eyes are getting more veiny which probably doesn't have anything to do with it at all but just want to get all the details 'cause I really don't know...talk to the doctors and they just tell me nothings wrong so...I don't know...just getting worried now because it's not going away at all and it's going on years since it has started and years of being told to sit up more slowly or stand up more slowly
See a neuro-ophthalmologist.  This could be atypical migraine.

Dr.O.