Eye Care Expert Forum
Melanosis oculi

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Melanosis oculi
Hi, I´m 28 years old and I am very worried about a big brown spot I have in my right eye. It appeared seven years ago  as something small but now is mostly occupping all the sclera.... I would like to know if there is something to do in order to reduce this ugly spot. I have taken contraceptives for around 7 years. I stopped three months ago , and I was asking myself is they have something to do with the melanosis. Now Im taking Primolut-Nor (noretisterona acetato) in order to control mestruation disorders. I dont know if these medicine will be good, bad or indifferent to the melanosis.
Thanks in advance.
The best answer I can give is that they could possibly have some effect but I am definitely not certain.  Most likely the growth of the lesion is under the control of multiple factors.  I'm sorry but I will have to do more research.

MJK MD
Does your answer mean that you will check and give a more concrete answer?
Regards
A related discussion, Melanosis Oculi was started.