Eye Care Community
Mild distortion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Mild distortion

I am around 34 yrs old.

I have lattice and is consulting retina specialist every 6 months. As part of this periodic chekcup I consulted around 3 weeks back. The retina specialist told there is no change and everything is fine, and asked to come again after 6 months/1 year.

Now since last 10 days, occassionally I am feeling mild distortion while reading (especially before laptop). The level of distortion is same in both eyes. What can be the reason for this? If it is any macula problem, couldn't retina specialist detect when I visited him 3 weeks back? So I am thinking it is related to other problems such as some nerves etc?

How I can proceed further

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
MSVP
Distortion is usually a macular problem.  However, it would be unusual to occur at the same time in both eyes. This could signify a problem in the visual systems in the brain.

Call you doctor and get it checked.

Dr. O.

Call you doctor and get it checked.

Dr. O.
Avatar n tn
Hi Ray,

Thanks for your quick clarification.

I am also thinking some problem in nerves/brain, as if it is a macula problem my Retinal specialist could have detected when I checked 3 weeks back.

Thanks and Regards,
MSVP