Monoular Diplopia/Keratoconus
Hello. What are some common causes of vertical monocular diplopia/polyopia that is apparent only when there is bright contrast? I am 18 years old, and have never had any previous eye problems, and I have better than 20/20 vision. This is also accompanied by slight redness/bloodshotness of the eye as well as mild, temporary, reoccurring pain, as well as very large numbers of floaters, and is occurring in both eyes. It was first noticed/triggered when a mild, ph neutral odour eliminating solution was sprayed and rinsed out of the eyes, which caused the eyes to go really red at the time, but they quickly improved in appearance, and the other symptoms started to set in. This occurred about six weeks ago. Also, the symptoms haven’t responded to a three times daily tobradex (0.3% tobramycin/wide spectrum antibiotic and 0.1% dexamethasone/corticosteroid) treatment after a week. My guess is keratoconus. The eyes have so far only been examined by a simple flourescein/blue light and slit lamp apparatus (as far as I know). Any help in identifying this unsettling condition is greatly appreciated!
K-conus would not cause an increase of floaters.  You need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org

Monocular diplopia poss causes: needing glasses, corneal disease including scars, K-conus, surface disease like dry eyes, cataracts, macular disease.

JCH MD