Eye Care Community
Movement in vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Movement in vision

I have a strange eye problem that i can't get rid of. I wonder if anyone shares the same visual problem as me.

When i look at something especially something far away, i get a sensation that it is slightly moving left to right (not up and down) sometimes it is fast and sometimes it can be barely noticeable. This happens when i am still as well as when i am moving. For instance i can be sat on the settee looking out of the window and the house across the road seems to be slightly moving and on the computer if i am having a bad day the screen moves left to right and seems all swimmy. It is hard to explain but my vision in general feels out of focus but i am sure that there is nothing wrong with my eye sight. Sometimes within 1/2 hour of waking in the mornings, my eyes are tired as though i have had no sleep at all when i have had 8 hours. I sometimes feel that my eyes are slightly moving on their own but if i ask someone to look they can't see anything. Sometimes when i wake in the morning i can feel them slightly moving before i even open them as well. Can anyone tell me if this is a VOR problem because i am not sure, i thought that it would be if it was just when i was moving my head? If it is not a VOR problem has anyone any idea of what the cause could be and how i could remedy it? And of course it is making me totally dizzy.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Louise
What is VOR?
I mean vestibular occular reflex, i have had a balance problem in 2008, my balance is now good but i am left with this eye sensation.
The only think that I can suggest is seeing a neuroophthalmologist and an ENT that specializes in otology

JCHMD