Eye Care Community
Multiple Repeated Chalazion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Multiple Repeated Chalazion

I have been suffering from multiple chalazia for the past 10 months.I am having a combination of very small chalazia at nearby places,so it appears like a big chalazion.My doctor told me that as my chalazia are of very small sizes, they cannot be remover surgically.However he added that he'll remove one of the chalazia over the upper eyelid of my left eye alone.I have undergone a chalazion surgery 6 months bck.But it ws of no use,they removed all the chalazia from my left eye(both the upper and lower eye lids).But they came back to the previous condition after a week.At presently i'm having 2 bumps on the upper eye lid and 2 bumps over the lower eye lid of my left eye.on the right eye i'm havin two bumps over my upper eye lid.

I have been applying heat compression on my eyes for the past 2 months.I am also using doxycycline tablets and gatiquin eye oinment.But there is no change at all.
Can you kindly suggest me a way to get rid of all my chalazia and get my eyes back to the previous normal stage.
You also need to do lid hygiene.  In severe cases you should do lid hygiene twice a day and use Azasite for about a week to your eyelids.

Dr. O.
i'm really sorry about your condition and i sincerely hope it is getting better. i have had a chalazion for a year. it's very small and nobody sees it but it makes me deeply unhappy so i can imagine how you feel.

is it getting better now? i really hope
good luck