My 9 year old daughter complains she can't see the board at shool
My 9 year old daughter complains that she can't see the board at school and has a hard time reading. She also complains of headaches. I took her to the eye doctor and he said her vision is fine.  Last year, when she was 8 and we lived in Miami, she complained of the same thing. Her examination had the same result. I even took her to a eye specialist and the results were good.  Could it be stress related?  Sometimes I think she's making it up or psychologically believing that she's having issues. At home, the only time I notice she's having trouble is when she does homework. She holds the textbook close to her face and squints or closes one eye.  I don't notice the same behavior when reading something not school related. Should I worry?
She could be hyperopic and needs a cycloplegic refraction--a dilated exam for glasses.  See a pediatric ophthalmogist.

Dr. O.
Here's a pediatric ophthalmologist...your daughter's complaints and behavior are almost certainly fabricated.  I hear this precise constellation of issues all the time - blurred vision near and far, holding schoolwork close and twisting or tilting the paper or the head or closing one eye.  You have two options:  1) be satisfied with the 2 previous normal exams and firmly ignore these behaviors and complaints, 1b) if the complaints continue you can start subtracting 'vision privileges' such as computer time, TV time, etc, OR 2) take her to a pediatric ophthalmologist Eye-MD.  If that person says she fine, she's fine.  You can then utilize 1 and 1b above with a clear conscience.  You can find a pediatric ophthalmologist at www.aapos.org.

Thanks so much for your replies. As a mother, I feel guilty for doubting my daughter's complaints.  But I will take your advice and see where things go. Thanks again.