Eye Care Expert Forum
My eye power Is increasing

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

My eye power Is increasing
My eye power from last 2 years started increasing at first it was Right Eye-:(-0.25) and Left (0.75) then after 1 year it increased Right Eye:-(-0.75) and Left:- (1.05) and after 1 year it increased to  Right eye :-( -0.75 but cylindrically  changed ) and Left (-2.00) and still i think increasing as i can observe........................What  should i do to stop the increasing of POWER???? Please help
Dear amaaniz,

You do not mention your age.  Age can play a role when the prescription changes. There is also some evidence that near vision tasks may also play a role as there has been a 41% increase in nearsightedness compared with twenty years ago.  

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California
My age is 14 ....i turned 143 months ago on 14th December