Eye Care Community
My eyelid is swollen!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

My eyelid is swollen!

Yesterday afternoon my eyelid was a bit itchy. Thinking nothing of it I just scratched it. A couple hours later it swelled up to the point where my crease is gone. My eyelid has now just become this deformed looking thing. I put ice and tea bags on it to no avail. I thought it would go back to normal once after I went to bed but it's still the same. I even missed school! What can I do to bring the swelling down? And does anyone know what the cause of this is? I can't go to the doctors right now. I'm going to drink allergy medecine and hope it goes down.
If it is unrelated to your allergies, it is likely the start of a sty.  Try using warm compresses for a few minutes several a times per day for a few days.  If you don't see improvement, please see an ophthalmologist.
-