Aa
A
A
Close
My eyes are NOISY ????
At 56 I've learned to pay attention to little hints your body gives you.  I'm NOT at all neurotic and only see my Doc - if I have to.  But I've learned in my life thru family, etc., you DO get clues before a disaster.

I have worn glasses since 3rd grade.  Contacts over the last 10yrs or so on occasion.  No glycoma.  Not smoking now (smoked for16yrs, quit for 16, smoked for about 5 & quit over a year ago).

So... when I rub my eyes lately I can HEAR the lids let go from my eyeballs.  Like they are loose or my eyeballs are shrinking and the suction is lessening.  I attribute most stuff to aging... Is this an aging thing?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
99.9% of the time what you hear and feel is compression of the tear sack. Your eyeballs don't shrink with age but it can appear they do due to age related drooping of the upper lids (ptosis) and wasting of the fat around and behind the eyeball in the socket (physiological orbital fat atrophy).

Be sure you see an Eye MD ophthalmologist yearly. Many serious eye problems like glaucoma give no warning at all.

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Eye Care Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Blank