My eyes cross when I'm trying to sleep, what's happening?
So recently I notice that when I'm going to bed, I'll open my eyes and it'll be blurred or my eyes will cross for a split second. Sometimes it's just a quick second, other times it's more like two seconds before going back to normal. This has caused me to be anxious and worry about what's happening, which results in lack of sleep. I'll be up all night then finally when I get extremely tired (around 8 am) I'll somehow fall asleep. It's only when I'm trying to go to bed. My eyes are completely normal and fine throughout my day so it's a bit confusing. Recently, I got a new prescription as I went to the eye doctors for a pressure in the corner of my left eye. Turns out my right eye was working too hard and my left eye was strained (or the other way around) so I got new glasses and that helped with the pressure. I don't know what to do and it'd be very helpful if someone calmed my anxiety with an answer to my dilemma.

You may ask if I've had any brain trauma or head injuries. I have not. I asked my mother about it, she just told me it was because I was in front of my laptop screen all day. Proceeded with "mother knows best" then that was the end of the conversation.
Update: I’ve recorded closing my eyes for a moment then opening them. I noticed my
right eye moves in a little, like when my eyes were shut it moved over to the right. This might’ve caused the illusion of cross-eyed but how do I fix it?
There is no way we can make a diagnosis or provide any useful information to your problem. Hopefully the 'eye doctor' you saw was an Eye MD ophthalmologist.  If you problem persists you can either make another appointment and discuss this problem or you can see an Eye MD ophthalmologist for a second opinion. We can't help you with any insights on this.