Aa
A
A
Close
My eyes go blurry.
Today i've got new glasses. I've had glasses before I just needed new ones. But with the glasses on,if i focus on on words for too long, my vision, whether it's close up or far away, goes blurry. I doesn't happen without glasses. I have trouble reading because of it. Why does it go blurry? Is it natural? If it helps i'm thirteen.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1731421 tn?1358826971
It hard to say without more information. It sounds like you can read without your glasses which means you might be nearsighted (you can see well at near objects). Without your glasses, things at a distance (like distant mountains or clouds) are blurry. Does this make sense? If your new prescription is too strong, then you might need it checked again. A reason why it could be too strong is due to a reaction called "accomodation." For this reason, you need to have a cycloplegic (dilated) refraction (check for the prescription). I know, you're like "dilation!!!" This might just be the answer. Ask the eye doctor to give you the written prescription for the old glasses and your new glasses...shouldn't be too different.
Best of luck,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources