Eye Care Community
My vision is foggy and has dark and blurry spots. one eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Ok, I don't know if I chose the right topic or not but.  About 5 years ago in winter/spring of 2005 I was 17 years old and my vision out of no where in the right eye started to get blotchy and dark spots to the upper right and sort of middle of my eye.  It got worse and worse of three days then i decided to go to the dr.  After seeing the dr, he sent me in an emergency to Kresgy eye institute to see a real eye specialist.  So after about a year of tests and numerous types of medicine it seemed that prednisone helped make it die down.  I took meds for a lot of different things like herpes for example, they all didn't help.  Prednisone helped after 65lbs of weight gain.  Anyway, the dr. decided to do a vitrial biopsy on my eye to see what was really going on. The surgury came up with no results. about 6 months of seeing the dr every other day and wheening me off the prednisone everything was well, not perfect vision and there was some scarring in the eye and floaters. I was told this is permanent.  Now 7/3/10 i am 22 and out of nowhere the symptoms have returned.  I woke up yesterday to my eye being red and slight blurred vision.  I said let it pass a few hours.  Then i couldn't take it i went to the original eye dr.  So he was in a hurry and checked  me out quickly and said this is not from impact (i fell snowboarding last winter on my face), not from chemicals(i work on my car).  No, this is inflimation again and your symptoms are returning.  So, he prescribed me predinsolone acetate suspension, and xibrom, for the inflimation to hold me off till i get a full exam after the holiday.  Well i took the meds yesterday and it seemed to slow it down, but today i wake up and my symptoms are worse i see more floaters and more grey area and cloudyness. I am super freaked out and my parents are freaking out. Someone please give me Ideas of what is happening to me.  Am i going to eventually go blind in this eye one day maby not now.  Are there people out there that have experienced this?  
I would head back to the Kreske Eye Insitute ASAP like tonight or tomorrow. I can only surmise the you may have a chronic uveitis and that is extremely serious and requires very special types of ophthalmoloigst to take care of you. IT is a major threat to your vision.

Go to www.emedicine.com and read about uveitis.

JCH MD