Myelinated retinal nerve fibre and myopia
Had gone for routine check eye check up and retina check up here in USA , in the retina scan of right eye there was little white spot adjacent to optic nerve. Came to know it was myelinated retinal nerve fiber.I had checked my retinas before also and the doctors in India never mentioned about this MRNF and have always said my retina are healthy. My doubt is have i had this MRNF from birth or there chances of it developing recently in my eye?  Is this of any concern? My eye power is right eye -7 and left eye -6.5. My power is stable from past 15 years and other than noticing few floaters in eye there are no other problems. As am pregnant (16 weeks) worried will it cause any risks during labor and delivery, Is there a need to go to retina specialist?
myelinated nerve fibers is not anything that is serious and does not interfere with the vision. It is common.

JCH MD
As I said I have been noticing many floaters in both of my eyes..power is -6.5L and -7R, have checked my eyes with retina specialist in september n he said retina looked fine, m very much worried as I feel floaters are increasing, no flashes
1.does having many floaters indicate pvd/ retina tear
2.what are symptoms of pvd that I should b aware of?
3.can you please tell me how will I know floaters m seeing r too many or less, and when its time to go to eye doc?
4.does having so many floaters indicate I will have retina detachment or other serious complications in the future?
Almost everyone with your degree of myopia has floaters and the number of floaters increases was your eye ages.  Worrisome symptoms are dramatic sudden increase of floaters that are small, look like smoke or soot in the eye associated with flashes or loss of peripheral vision. If you have no family history of RD the risk of having a RD for you is less than 1 in 1000

JCH MD
1.Can you please explain what is degenerative myopia and macular degenaration?
2.who are most prone to the above?
3.what are the symptoms?
Thanks in advance...
Both those questions have been asked and discussed many times. use the search feature and archives to read about. Also go to my home page and look at my blogs. There are ones on age related macular degeneration and myopic macular degeneration

JCH MD
Thanks I will look into this...
From few days I have some kind of weird pulling sensation in left eye, which lasts for a sec or two... and some days I dont feel anything...
My power is -6.5L/-7R
why am I getting this sensation?
Not a symptom of myopia. Too many causes to give you any useful list of possibilities. Discuss with your ophthalmologist if it persists.

JCH MD
Hello...
I think I saw flashes of light for a sec specifically in dark room,m seeing it once or twice a day from past 2 days,my power is -6.5R and -7L..I already have many floaters in both eyes
1.Why am I seeing this? M freaking out 2.Shld I get my retina checked asap?
3.I had checked my eyes in december and my retina looked fine..could there b a problem now
4.how often will I see flashes in case of retina tear or anything that is serious?
Please reply , thank you...

You should call your ophthalmologist and report your findings tomorrow and go by their recommendations. It is common to have flashes, in the dark with rapid eye movements and not be due to retinal tears, holes or detachment.

JCH MD
Hello doc... Thank you for your patience and answering my questions promptly.
I am feeling my eyes are disturbing my peace of mind :(
I recently in early march have checked my eyes for power,retina,eye pressure doc said everything seems OK now but my left eye is bothering  me a lot I have low pain from inside and also feel pulling sensation from time to time I don't know wat's this I mentioned this to doc they said it might b due to dry eyes n gave me drops for that... Is that all that's happened to my eyes m confused a lot I don't know if I need to visit doc again... I have already had 4 doc visits past 8 months
1. Why am I feeling this dull pain n pulling sensation? Power is-6.5left n -7right n also have many floaters
2.can't I lead a normal life with this power? I think I have a healthy life style n doesn't work on computer or phone for long time but still facing eye problems? If this is case how else should I take care of it,how will i stay peace n calm in my daily life if my eyes are bothering me so much :( ?
Please help doc, thank you much  
1. I can't tell you why you have dull pain. If you have seen 4 eye doctors most or all of whom are eye MD ophthalmologists it not likely serious.
2. Glasses can cause a pulling sensation of they are not the proper RX or if the lens have fabrication errors or the frames are not comfortable or out of line. Most people with your RX see much better with contact lens or LASIK
3. Floaters are common in high myopia
4. Yes you can live a normal life. many distinguished physicians and surgeons I know are more myopic that you are. You can choose any career you want.
5. Peace and calm are rare commodities in this troubled war fill, hate laced world and I have no suggestions for finding peace of mind.

JCH MD