Myelinated retinal nerve fibre and myopia
Had gone for routine check eye check up and retina check up here in USA , in the retina scan of right eye there was little white spot adjacent to optic nerve. Came to know it was myelinated retinal nerve fiber.I had checked my retinas before also and the doctors in India never mentioned about this MRNF and have always said my retina are healthy. My doubt is have i had this MRNF from birth or there chances of it developing recently in my eye?  Is this of any concern? My eye power is right eye -7 and left eye -6.5. My power is stable from past 15 years and other than noticing few floaters in eye there are no other problems. As am pregnant (16 weeks) worried will it cause any risks during labor and delivery, Is there a need to go to retina specialist?
myelinated nerve fibers is not anything that is serious and does not interfere with the vision. It is common.

JCH MD
As I said I have been noticing many floaters in both of my eyes..power is -6.5L and -7R, have checked my eyes with retina specialist in september n he said retina looked fine, m very much worried as I feel floaters are increasing, no flashes
1.does having many floaters indicate pvd/ retina tear
2.what are symptoms of pvd that I should b aware of?
3.can you please tell me how will I know floaters m seeing r too many or less, and when its time to go to eye doc?
4.does having so many floaters indicate I will have retina detachment or other serious complications in the future?
Almost everyone with your degree of myopia has floaters and the number of floaters increases was your eye ages.  Worrisome symptoms are dramatic sudden increase of floaters that are small, look like smoke or soot in the eye associated with flashes or loss of peripheral vision. If you have no family history of RD the risk of having a RD for you is less than 1 in 1000

JCH MD
1.Can you please explain what is degenerative myopia and macular degenaration?
2.who are most prone to the above?
3.what are the symptoms?
Thanks in advance...
Both those questions have been asked and discussed many times. use the search feature and archives to read about. Also go to my home page and look at my blogs. There are ones on age related macular degeneration and myopic macular degeneration

JCH MD
Thanks I will look into this...
From few days I have some kind of weird pulling sensation in left eye, which lasts for a sec or two... and some days I dont feel anything...
My power is -6.5L/-7R
why am I getting this sensation?
Not a symptom of myopia. Too many causes to give you any useful list of possibilities. Discuss with your ophthalmologist if it persists.

JCH MD