Eye Care Community
Natural Remedies for brown spots on white part of eyes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I've seen cosmetic surgery recommended for brown spots on eyes (sclera membrane), but wondering if any natural cures work like coriander eye drops?  Also, has anyone reading this had the cosmetic surgery and can comment on how that went?

Thanks...

This discussion is related to Brown pigment on the white part of eye.
Most people usually ignore this as this is harmless & nothing to worry about.
You are very unlikely to find an eye MD that will do any cosmetic surgery on harmless freckle spots on the outer eye.
JCJH MD

I have the same issue with brown spots on my sclera...Could this be a result of over-usage of eye drops? I had dry eyes where I used eye drops throughout the day and at night I had to the ointment which soothed it, but as time went by I began to see more and more spots on the eyes. Also on the  bottom of my iris I see a brown smear running down the bottom part of the sclera. What could this be? Basically from far away my eyes look brown and with that I mean my sclera. There are some parts of my sclera that are white but one has to look very closely. What can I do about this? I know there is a doc in California that is known to do these kind of cosmetic surgery ( I- Brite) - Has anyone had this kind of surgery or any kind of sclera cosmetic surgery? If so it would be great if you could share your experiences and results. Thanks.
If you are black these pigmented spots are normal. In Asians and very heavily pigmented Caucasians these pigmented spots are not rare and usually totally benign.

Remember even if you have the cosmetic surgery more usually form and scar formation or redness post op could be much more of a cosmetic problem than a few freckles on the conjunctiva.

JCH MD
Could there be an inherent cause? I do have hepatitis B, but my hepatologist tells me that it is not the liver that is causing it. it started out with one freckle back in 2007 and now my sclera is covered in brown spots.
That would be unusual but do ask the GI and Eye MDs about it.

JCH MD
Or could it be excessive use of dry eye eye drops?
No definitely not dry eye drops.
JCH MD
How can I attached a photo(s) here?
a brown spot developed on the white of my eye. i want to remove it
will you do cosmetic surgery dr John C Hagan III?
Hey i know u posted this last year, although I have had the eye white procedure., in 2010 and i completely regret it. My eyes are worst than they where. They look worst than they were. When I wake up, my eyes are filled with crust. My vison is now blurry. My eyes hurt from time to time, and I am very light sensitive, and strain all the time. If I could take it back I would my eye where a little brown. No they are very brown, with blood vessels I never had, smh confidence low. I brite procedure, by boxler wacthler in L.A. has ruin my eyes maybe permantly, thats why Im on here now looking for a soulution
Im sorry to hear about your situation. I ended up having IsoWhite procedure this year which def helped the look of the eyes a bit...My eyes looked very brown before and now they are white when I ask people that is what they tell me. At times it looks a bit dull, but not brown anymore. I haven't had any of the symptoms you are describing, perhaps it is the way your body is reacting to the surgery or maybe the job was just not done right. My procedure cost 4000 for both eyes and its in NY/NYC(Dr. S. Klein). I know that I Brite can go up to 10K and I'd have to travel to CA, which is another burden.

Perhaps you should sleep with an eye mask to sooth your eyes at night. Good luck and hope your situation gets better.
The white part of my eyes are brown.  This is horribly unattractive and I feel like a freak.  I am constantly stealing glances at others wherever I go to see if anyone else around me is experiencing the same thing. Everyone else seems to have white eyes and it wasn't until I decided to try google that I found other people who have this same situation. Eye contact while talking...forget about it.  Boyfriend...yeah right.  I am seriously trying my hardest not to let this keep me down and continue to effect my self-esteem, especially since I keep reading that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it unless Im willing to risk unrepairable eye damage such as lose of vision, etc.  It's just seems so unfair, so ugly and so sad.  Yeah, crying is a real sight.
I had my dark spots rrmived by a doctor on Long Island and it lasted 10 years before additional spots started. You have to wear sun glasses to prevent the sun uv rays from producing those spots. It works. I stayed awake for the surgery and all he did was cut out the spots from the schlera (superficial layer of the white part of the eye) he numbs the eye and paralyses its movement then he cuts with a scalpel. It was painless took about 40 minutes 1 eye per visit. My insurance covered it. I think he classified it as benign cysts on the schlera.
Hello! Being a ninth grader in high school and wanting desperately to be as outgoing as my friends with nothing to hold me back, it's very difficult to not notice two brown spots on the whites of my eyes. It wasn't until I saw your note listed under eye care that I felt like I had a shot at getting rid of them! Would you mind telling me more about your procedure? Did you go to an eye doctor, regular doctor, or...? How did you figure out about this solution?
Sorry for messaging you this out of the blue, but...I literally got an account just so I could ask you my questions!
Thanks!
I had this procedure done 10 years ago before I knew it was a cosmetic procedure. I had brown tea stains on my schlera and an eye doctor cut them out with a scalpel. He did it on my insurance and called them benign growths. They never returned and my eyes looked great. he did not remove the entire conjunctiva like the new surgery but it was the same concept.  My friend recently looked for a doctor to do the same thing she remembered I had done and no one will do it. It is safe. The conjunctiva grows back. I had large areas removed and never had problems. I don;t know why theyre making a big deal about this now.
You are a fake. Send pics
Dr klein doesnt have a NY office