Eye Care Community
Need a suggestion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Need a suggestion

I am 19 years of age and, I have a very high power (shortsightedness) in my left eye when compared to my right eye power. I have been literally dependent on my right eye alone since many years.   I cannot use exact power correction by Spectacles or contact lenses. If i do, i get double vision. I also have the cylindrical power in my eyes and squint in my right eye. What is the best way to get all these problems solved? please suggest me. My left eye power is -9.45 in magnitude and that of right eye is barely -1.75.
please suggest me something which will work on my eyes properly and i can see properly again. Thank you
Abhishek N S.
An important piece of information is missing and that is with a -9.45 lens in front of your left eye and the right eye covered so you cannot see out of it what is the vision in that eye?

While I cannot give you exact advice this problem has presented many times in my practice. What I do is refer the patient to our world know refractive surgeon and he discussed 1. doing lasik surgery (usually surface surgery or PRK) on the left eye to make it match the right eye.  2. Discuss intraocular contact lens or refractive lens exchange which are bigger, more expensve and riskier operations.

JCH MD