Needle-like eye pain
I am a 58 year old male who gets yearly eye exams and has had the same Rx for distance viewing for 40 years. The only time I use the glasses is when I'm driving at night in an unfamiliar location so I can read road signs. For the past year or so, I have experienced severe eye pain that is like someone stabbing a needle in my eye. It's my right eye and seems to be located near to my nose. I may go for months without experiencing this pain. It seems to come out of nowhere and lasts less then a minute.  Does anyone know where I might find detailed info on this condition on the web?
Look up recurrent corneal erosion.

Dr. O.
I have been using eye drops over the past year in connection with cataract surgery and vitrectomy.  I had a few needle-like eye pains and was not sure what it was. Since starting  Acuvail to reduce retinal edema they have become more frequent and I will call my doctor.   Could the drops be causing this and are there any drops to reduce swelling that are less irritating than others to the cornea? Thank you..