New glasses. Eyes hurt, muscles around the eyes are all tensed up
I've worn the same glasses for the last 10yrs. Today I got a new RX and tried them out.
After the first couple of hours I started to experience what I thought was sinus pressure...I tend to get allergies during the summer, so it's no surprise to me.
As the day went on, it continued to get worse and worse. Finally I took the glasses off to see if it gets better. Slowly over time, the pain in my eye balls went from a horrible bad pain, to a good pain I guess you can say. Still hurt, but not like before.
It's been about 12 hours since I've taken the glasses off, the eyes still ache like hell and over the last few hours the muscles in the sinus area are all tensed up. It's so bad that I can't even sleep. I've taken some muscle relaxers that I normally use for my back, but still no relief.
Is this normal? I've heard others talk about eyes hurting with new rx of glasses, but don't recall any muscle issues like I'm having.
Thanks.
Get them checked to make sure they are made correctly.

Dr. O.
Take the new glasses back to your doctor so he can check the RX in the glasses to the RX that he wrote.  Make certain that he compares the base curve of your new glasses with your old one.  Also check the centers of the lenses against your pupil distance.  Last but not least you can ask to have him recheck the script he gave you.  Could be tooo strong.  There is also the possibility that by accident a prism was ground into your new lense. Have him check for this too.  I've found that the craftsmanship of making lenses today isn't what it used to be especially if you are highly myopic.  Once you find someone to make your glasses and they work great stick with them to make your furture pairs.  New glasses shouldn't hurt that bad.