Night vision Problems
I have had lasik surgery for a perscription of -8.25 in both eyes to be corrected with significant astigmatism that was also corrected to a point where no perscriptive correction was needed. Alas, 5 years later, I developed cataracts .  When I had lens replacement surgery for cataracts then, the lens was overcorrected to +1.75 and +3.5 in either eye.  Next I had gone to do an exchange of these lenses.  I now have an additional piggyback lens in back of one of the original lenses that could not be exchanged and the other exchange was successful.  This was 2 years ago for this exchange.  I now have -.5 and -1.50 vision.  I can read without any problems.  Yet, I have horrific night vision that has remained since the exchange.  I am okay in the daytime , but my visibility post-op is so bad in the dark that I need my spouse to guide me in walking thru a darkened movie theatre.  Please help as I am really desperate for an answer.  I am now 48 years old.  Are there any options?  Is this a legitmate risk of these procedures?  Thank you.
Yes there are likely good options. You should have your cataract surgery have his/her BEST technician do a end point refraction and prescribe no-line bifocal lens. Ask your Eye MD if they can prescribe "wave-front glasses" like Zeiss I-script and if possible get them. they are more expensive but represent state of the art in reducing optical abberations. Also see if your eye MD will give you a trial of Alphagan-P to use at night to keep your pupil from dilating in the dark. Excellent chance this will take care of the problem or make it tolerable.

JCH MD