Eye Care Expert Forum
Novisyn/query

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Novisyn/query
I am after a scleral buckle operation on my right due to a retinal detachment. I wanted to use Novisyn (oral hyaluronan/the website is: http://www.fulcrumhealth.com/fulcrum_health_products/joint_care/novisyn/novisyn_hyaluronan_joint_care.html) but I am not sure its effect on the eyes or I should rather say on the vitreous humour? I just do not want make any stupid mistakes.
I was told that Novisyn is a pure product in a very light saline solution to act as a preservative. It contains Hyaluronic acid which is a major constituent of the vitreous humor of the eye.  

PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.
Probably best to get the green light from your retinal surgeon that performed the scleral buckle procedure.